Office fit out expert – 4 key considerations to choosing the right one
Whether you are moving to new offices or refurbishing your existing premises, an office fit out is a major business cost and something that you will want to get right first time.
So it’s important to find the right office fit out partner for your business, one that will help you maximise your office space within your chosen budget. Below we have noted 4 key areas you should consider when choosing an office fit out expert.
What services do I need for an office fit out?
An office fit-out generally requires a range of service and expertise to deliver it successfully. Below are some of the services you should expect your office fit out partner to be able to deliver:
- Requirements / scope planning. Understanding what your office space needs are both now and in the future is hugely important and the starting point for any project.
- Space planning & layouts. From measuring the office space to creating optimised 2D/3D floor plans to meet your needs.
- Interior design. Creating a functional and desirable workspaces for employees and visitors alike. Selecting the right decor, flooring, furniture and finishes.
- Budget / Cost estimates. Knowing the accurate costs of your project before anything is done.
- Planning and building permissions. Managing the planning and building permission sign off process.
- Building works. Access to all the necessary trades from builders and plumbers to electricians and furniture fitters.
- IT, Data and Telephony. Experts in cabling and connectivity are a must in this communication focused world.
- Mechanical & Electrical. Including lighting, air conditioning, heating and security alarms.
- Office furniture supplied and fitted.
- Project management. Ensuring the smooth running of the project from start to finish.
Do I need a turnkey service?
For most, the best office fit out solution is a ‘turnkey’ service. A turnkey fit out is where your selected fit-out partner will undertake the project for you, from first designs to installation and aftercare.
It is widely acknowledged that adopting a turnkey approach, which allows parallel working of trades, increases the speed and reduces the cost of a project. It also provides the benefit of working with one project manager, rather than lots of trades, which is a lot less time-consuming and stressful and time!
Are they knowledgeable & experienced?
From knowing the latest health & safety laws to building regulations a knowledgeable office fit out specialist will save you time and money.
How do you know if they have the knowledge and expertise? Well in addition to talking to them and asking lots of relevant questions, the best people to ask are their previous clients who have experienced the services first hand. Take a close look at their portfolio or case studies, especially of those similar to your project, and then ask to see their feedback, comments or testimonials.
It is also worth asking to speak to one of their customers direct so you can hear for yourself their views. Any good fit out specialist will have no trouble arranging this for you.
Key questions to ask an office fit out referee
- Did they meet the brief, budget and deadlines?
- Were they effective project managers, how good was their communication throughout the project and were they responsive to your feedback?
- Did they come up with creative and practical solutions
- Did they have good attention to detail and quality?
- Were they thorough in resolving post project ‘snagging’?
- Would you use them again?
Are they easy to talk to/deal with?
You will need to have an ongoing dialogue with whoever you choose for the project and so it’s important that you select someone you feel you can work with.
We are not just talking about someone good at ‘selling’, but someone who listens to you and interprets what you are saying correctly – it will save you a lot of time and pain if you get this right!
If you are looking for an office fit out specialist that meets these considerations, and lots more, then call Source One Consulting on 08456 031 585 today.